The records reflect that on the 23rd of March 1952, a group of "eight preachers" and "fourteen charter members" met to constitute the Gethsemane Baptist Church. Since that time, the church has called seven men to fill the position of Senior Pastor!
The church was originally located on Gees Mill Road in North Rockdale. Under the ministry of their sixth Pastor, Dennis Petty, it was moved to its present location on Honey Creek Road in October of 1979, began a World-Wide Faith Promise Mission Program in 1972 and saw all church properties become totally debt free in 1981!
On March 27, 1994 the church called Rick Stucke as Pastor and he has served in that position since the first Sunday in April of 1994. Under the ministry of Pastor Stucke, the church has continued to stand for "the faith which was once delivered unto the saints!" In January of 2000, construction began on the new sanctuary and the remodeling of existing facilities. The new sanctuary was dedicated on March 17, 2002, during the celebration of the church's 50th anniversary! All construction work was done debt free and the total of all church facilities and equipment remain debt free due to the continued faithful stewardship of generous members.
Due to a reduction in attendence and membership, we have found it neccessary to sell our property and relocate to smaller facilities. We are now meeting at 3720 Hwy 20 SE, Conyers, GA 30013.