Gethsemane is an "Independent, Fundamental, and Baptist" church!
Independent - We are not affiliated with any convention, association or fellowship. We are however, very dependent upon our Lord Jesus Christ, the precious Holy Spirit and the Word of God for the accomplishing of His work.
Fundamental - We accept and believe the Bible (Old and New Testaments) to be God's holy, inspired, preserved, and written Word to mankind, and as such we acknowledge the Scriptures to be our sole authority in all matters of faith and practice. We accept the King James Version of the Bible as a trustworthy, accurate, and reliable English translation. We confidently use it in all of our teaching and preaching ministries.
Baptist - We believe and practice the now historic Baptistic positions with regard to the teachings of the scriptures, to name a few:
1. That the Bible is the verbally inspired, infallible Word of God from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21.
2. That Salvation is by grace through faith, given as a free gift from God; no works of any kind involved.
3. That Believer's Baptism is by immersion in water in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
4. That the truly born-again are eternally secure in Christ and can never lose their salvation.
5. That the total separation of church and state best serves both the sacred and secular communities.
Church - We are a local fellowship of born-again, baptized believers in the Lord Jesus Christ who meet together to worship God and to carry out the commands of our Lord as given in the Great Commission. (Matthew 28:18-20)